As the name already implies, in this discipline the horses and riders have to face manifold challenges: Eventing combines dressage and jumping with a cross-country course, which is the highlight of the discipline. During the CHIO Aachen the three individual competitions are each staged on a separate day over the course of two days. This makes it three times as exciting for the participants and spectators: The winners and runners-up aren’t decided until all of the horse and rider pairs have crossed the finish line of the cross-country course, which runs through the beautiful Aachen Soers.
- Dressage Test
- Deutsche Bank Stadium
- Dressage test to be ridden: FEI 2021 4* B
- The marks of the three judges are shown as an average mark in percentage from 100%. After that the percentage score is transformed into penalties to be able to add the dressage score with the penalties from jumping and cross-country.
- The penalty score is calculated as follows: (Percentage score – 100) x 1,5
- Jumping Test
- Main Stadium
- Approx. 11 - 12 obstacles
- Height of obstacles up to 1.25 m
- Competition according to penalties and time
- The penalties from dressage and jumping are added and are decisive for the starting order in the cross-country test. The 20 best riders will start last. For the others the starting order remains the same as in dressage and jumping.
DIGITAL CROSS-COUNTRY COURSE
SAP and CHIO Aachen are co-innovating to bring Equestrian Sports closer to the fans.
In a comprehensive field test the course data of the international starting field of the CICO4* will be tracked and can be followed live by interested spectators via the CHIO Aachen App. As most of the spacious course in the Aachener Soers cannot be overseen by the viewers, this additional information provided by Technology Sponsor SAP, for example the current speed and obstacle details, allow fans to follow the riders progress across the course and hold their breath for their favorites. All of this is rendered possible by specialized sensor devices and the data being provided directly for the mobile consumption by SAP Cloud Platform.
Furthermore, you can live through the breathtaking rounds of Olympic Champion Ingrid Klimke “from the saddle” via an innovative combination of course and camera data.